Apr 28, 2006

Nashville - Day One

So Day One in Nashville has been great. The flight was surprisingly smooth and fast. Got our kickin' minivan, checked into La Quinta (Spanish for "Free High Speed Internet" - which I'm using right now). Had a bison burger at Ruby Tuesday's. Went over to Sheraton Music City and set up the Defender table. We're in a prime spot - right in the walkway between the lobby and the meeting rooms, across the walkway from Lifeway's store, and literally right outside the door from the large group meeting/dining room. Awesome. We've already had some great responses from people seeing our stuff.

Then we went to hear Clay Crosse speak about his new ministry - Holy Homes - and his personal testimony. We were really excited because we knew that his testimony included a battle with the same stuff Defender fights (inappropriate Internet stuff - worded that way to not trigger your online filters). Well, his session was super - it sounded like he had been reading our stuff.

But the best part was that we had - through a series of bizarre connections and "coincedences" - we were actually having dinner with Clay and his wife, his manager, and songwriter Steve Siler (I Will Follow Christ, Begin with Me, about 400 others). It was a beautiful time of fellowship where we all agreed that we are fighting the same fight, and we should work together. WOW! I have to say, I was blown away. I'm a HUGE fan of Clay Crosse. Yes, I know that I'm huge, but I really love Clay's music. So I was thrilled to meet him and talk to him. It was a great night!

Nashville is very pretty. It's downtown skyline is pretty ugly, but the city is pretty. The weather has been great - very mild. That's a nice change of pace from the oppressive Florida heat. It's nice to see that the traffic problems of Orlando are not isolated - great googidy moogidy. So, that's about it for now. I'll update later with today's news. Later y'all.

No comments: